Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
12-12-2020 01:10 PM - edited 12-12-2020 01:11 PM
Product: HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
This and other HP Printers won't scan with the "Print and Scan Driver and Accessories" Full Featured Drivers on Windows 10, all recent versions:
HP Smart App works well enough I guess but has anyone had success installing the Full Featured Driver and be able to Scan? And the HP Smart App makes you sign up for an account, I assume this is HP's way of forcing an account.
3 REPLIES 3
12-28-2020 11:41 PM
@pcpunk, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for an HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community