Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-20-2022 10:48 AM
I would like the older version of HP scan back on my computer. I'm sure the windows update "took it out" I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8620. I did get the HP smart scan to work, but for my purposes I would prefer the older version Please.
12-23-2022 09:31 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I'd like to help!
Most recent hp printers do not allow firmware downgrade. They have built-in code that checks the version of the download and will not accept any firmware that is earlier than the current version.
Are you able to copy documents?
How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?
Any error when you try to print?
Power resetting the printer and then performing an automated/manual cleaning may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do not press the power button)
4) Clean the ink cartridges, click here
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
7) On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.
Swipe the display to scroll to Tools, and then touch Tools.
9) Touch Clean Printhead, and then touch Continue. When prompted touch Clean Again or OK to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage.
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-27-2022 09:34 AM
Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community