Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
09-20-2022 03:03 AM - last edited on 09-22-2022 06:38 AM by Ric_ob
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I use the printer bed to scan a text document, the text in the printout is red. This only happens when I use the copy/scan bed and not the document feeder (using it, the printout is black and white like I have it set to be)
I checked my ink cartridges and have used the diagnostic to no avail.
2 REPLIES 2
09-30-2022 07:33 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting scan quality issues, I am glad to assist you.
Reset the printer
- Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer to complete the reset.
Clean a flatbed scanner
- Clean the scanner glass and underside of the scanner lid with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.
- Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Spray a soft, lint-free cloth with glass cleaner, and then wipe the scanner glass, glass strip (if present), the white backing under the scanner lid, and the white strip under the lid (if present) until clean, dry, and streak-free.
- CAUTION: To protect the interior printer parts, do not spray the cleaner directly on the glass or on the underside of the lid.
- Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer, and then close the scanner lid completely.
Refer to the HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
10-05-2022 11:38 PM
I had already tried that.....not the solution.
I kinda wasn't clear in my post. It's when I COPY something from the scanner bed that's the problem. The copy prints out in red ink. If I use the document feeder, it prints the copy in black and white like it should.
The printer is scanning regardless of where the original is....so I can't figure out why the problem exists only on the scanner bed copying.
Sorry for not being more clear.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community