Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a week ago the scanner worked and scanned in a magazine image to a USB drive connected to the printer.
Since then it has stopped scanning & copying, however it prints fine.

When the device is powered off/on it says “Scanner Failure. Unable to scan copy or send a fax [OK]” on the printer display.
I have done different printer resets several times, but the error still shows when I power it on.
I have an HP Pavalion 27-n250na All-in-One PC running Windows 10.

HP Print and Scan Doctor reports a Driver Issue.

All applications installed on the PC that I try to use/that have a scan function report an error when connecting to the device - Windows Fax & Scan, SP Smart, HP Scan & Capture and HP Printer Assistant.

I have uninstalled all drivers from the PC, restarted the PC, reinstalled the drivers (many times in the last week) - Yet it still cannot scan/copy, but I can print.

I've spent an hour today chatting with someone on HP's Twitter but they have only advised doing what I've already done.

Beginning to wonder if there is a fault with the scanner on the printer.

But I cannot find any user manuals that show me how to disassemble it.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

What did you do?

I've been trying for over a week now to try and fix this - I am pulling my hair out

Would be very grateful for any help/advice.

Thanks in advance, Ian

I cannot find anything to show me how to disassemble the printer 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ian_G_Phillips

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer, disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

2. If you are using a power strip or multi-plug adapter, connect the cord directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printer is getting enough power.

3. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.

• If the issue persists, connect the printer to a different wall outlet to determine if the original outlet is causing the issue.

• If the issue persists using a different wall outlet, partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass, it could be a hardware issue.

Follow the steps from here: https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/document/c00587971

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I've already tried those steps about half a dozen times over the last few weeks.

When powered on it shows the cannot scan, copy or fax message.

Embedded Web Server Page

Ian_G_Phillips_0-1613912639983.png

HP Smart

Ian_G_Phillips_2-1613912701130.png

Windows Fax and Scan

Ian_G_Phillips_3-1613912745589.png

HP Scan and Capture

Ian_G_Phillips_4-1613912858996.png

How much would it cost to repair?
The printer is working fine, but I need the ability to scan pictures/documents too.
This is the 2nd HP MFP I've had and both stopped working after very little use.

If I replace I won't but HP again

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.