Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6700
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My Officejet 6700 will no longer either make copies or scan. The print function works fine. But it won't scan even to a USB device inserted in the printer, and it won't copy. (Just keeps saying it's "Starting Scan" or "Starting Copy" and gets stuck there.)

I worked with Apple support and downloaded new drivers, checked for new firmware, downloaded HP Easy Scan. Nothing helped. But this made clear the problem is the printer, not computer/printer communication or anything to do with the computer. Anyone have any suggestions − or is it time to give up on the printer?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Heidinow, Welcome to HP Support Community!

There might be a hardware related issue such as a scanner mechanism jam or calibration issue, low scanner bulb temperature, or an internal or external electrical problem. The issue is not related to network or USB connection issues.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer, disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

2. If you are using a power strip or multi-plug adapter, connect the cord directly to a wall outlet to make sure the printer is getting enough power.

3. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.

• If the error still displays, connect the printer to a different wall outlet to determine if the original outlet is causing the issue.

• If the error still displays with a different wall outlet, partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass, service the printer. If it moves and you still cannot copy, continue to the next step.

Service the printer

Service or replace your HP product if the issue persists after completing all the preceding steps.

Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.

To confirm your warranty status, go to HP Product Warranty Check. Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue with my officejet 6700 premium. Plugging direct into the wall does not help. I blew away my settings and set to factory - does not help. I see on my home screen it states Original Loaded as if I have some paper in the scan head on my printer. I have opened the scanhead feeder and there is no jam, no paper, all light touch indicators are flexing - I don't feel this is a WIN 10 issue - I think the printer is signaling a paper in the feeder on the ADF. How can I reset this to blow away the indicator?

I am an HP Employee as well.

dwh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.