cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Pagewide Pro 477dw ADF skews

HP Recommended
PageWide Pro 477dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The ADF on our PageWide Pro 477dw makes each scanned multi-page document slightly crooked. It has done this since day one. It is about 6 weeks old. It works fine when documents are placed directly on the glass.

I've read the forums and cannot get to a calibration menu via the printer itself or the web interface. Customer service has been no help and at one point suggested that I place documents on the glass by hand. While this does work to make clear, properly placed scanned documents, it makes one wonder why one would purchase an AIO with an automatic document feeder. Emphasis on automatic.

HP has no solution for me and offered no alternative except returning the printer to the point of purchase to exchange it for another printer. As the return window expired a month ago and this printer is still under warranty for 10 more months, this was not helpful customer service. Does anyone have any solution other than scanning documents directly on the glass, one page at a time?

For those who care, here is my chat transcript. This is my third attempt at chat, for the other attempts, the connection was “lost” and did not reconnect. In between, there was a phone call to the 800 number which resulted in my transfer to a unit that did not deal with consumer printers at all. I'm not going to try with HP again, it was a total waste of 2 hours.

[content removed]

Learn how debris on the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) glass can cause lines or streaks when copying using the ADF. Tips are shown for finding the debris an...
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation