Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, 

I just bought Envy 5055 printer last 3 months and I don't really use it frequently. Today I used it to scan and print a document paper. I've tried to scan with 1200 dpi resolution but it took so long (4 minutes). I tried to reduce the resolution to 300 dpi so it took like 30s (still slow but better than scanning with 1200 dpi). After done with scanning, I tried to print it from my PC but it was also slow (like 40-50s) to print a page. I don't use the cable to connect it. I use wireless connection. Before that I'd used cable wire to connect my Printer to my PC but then I re-located my Printer so cable wire is not a good option anymore then I set it up to Wireless Connection. Now I don't know if the scanning and printing speed have anything to do with the connection or not. Can anyone help, please???  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TuanTran 

Assuming an average density document / image,  at 1200 DPI, it is a LOT of data.

Scan Resolution, EnhancedUp to 1200 x 1200 dpi
Scan Resolution, Enhanced Short DisclaimerThe maximum dpi at which you can scan is limited by available computer memory, disk space and other system factors.
Scan Resolution, HardwareUp to 1200 x 1200
Scan Resolution, OpticalUp to 1200 ppi
Scan Size Maximum (flatbed, imperial)8.5 x 11.69 in
Scan Size Maximum (flatbed, metric)216 x 297 mm
Scan Speed (normal, A4)3 ppm color 7 ppm mono
Scan Speed (normal, letter)3 ppm color 7 ppm mono

Opionion

3 pages per minute, low or average density, is not particularly fast.

What else might impact the job?

Connection speed between printer and computer

Router speed / configuration

Computer resources (CPU, Memory, Disk, other running tasks)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment, sir.  

However I'm a little bit low-tech so I'm not sure I understand what you are saying? So you mean that the my printing and scanning speed is slow because of the resolution (dpi) ??? 

HP Recommended

@TuanTran 

Scan speed is a combination of things.

If the scan is faster for the same document / image when you have the printer wired to the computer

and 

If the scan is slower for that same document / image when the printer is connected wirelessly,

then 

one of the major impact factors is the connection.

If you have a fast connection (wired or wireless)

If you have a fast printer,

If you have a fast computer,

Scanning at 1200 DPI is going to be slow.

Scanning at 300 DPI is going to be faster.

Scanning at 150 DPI (typical for a document to be emailed, for example) will be faster.

At some point, it doesn't matter - your printer scans at about 3 ppm (pages per minute) in "best of times".

Whether scanning at 1200 DPI is worth the time is up to you.

If you are scanning detailed artwork for the purpose of having it professionally printed, then sure - maybe worth it.

I've scanned images at 1200 DPI for the purposes of showing how it can be done.

I have a fast printer, a fast connection, huge amounts of resource (fast computer) - 1200 DPI scans are slow - not four minutes slow, but not "fast".

Example - 1200 DPI scan using  Paint (mspaint) 

9025_Scan_Paint_1200_DPI_Setup_19025_Scan_Paint_1200_DPI_Setup_1

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you, sir. So I understand now that it's my scanning speed is normal. Thanks a lot for your help, Dragon-Fur. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.