Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our home computer has 2 sides (Logins), myself and the wife. Just installed a new HP 8025e printer. While it fully works (still learning) on my side using the HP smart app, when I login to the wife’s side while it will print it will not scan. Message “Scanning is currently unavailable is displayed. Printer is connected as it will print on her side. Any help will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Subman619 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

HP Document - How to Scan

HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows, Mac, Mobile) | HP® Customer Support

and...

It might be enough to 

Check / Run Windows Updates

Next,

Restart Everything, including the router that controls your network

Might be worth a look to Reset the HP Smart application.

If other solutions do not work,

If you have not done so, consider changing the connection type to TCP/IP.

and

Check that all devices are using the latest version of the app for that device type (Windows, iOS, etc).

HP_Smart_Win_Apps-and-Features_ Reset_7HP_Smart_Win_Apps-and-Features_ Reset_7

What else?

=========================

Printer - Full Feature Software - Install

and

HP Scan

If you have not done so, consider

• HP Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software - supports printing and scanning from the web, printing in in other software and programs (for example, Word), and provides access to the full range of Printing Preferences / Shortcuts.  The full driver adds at least two shortcuts to the Desktop:  Printer Assistant and HP Scan.  If the printer model includes built-in Fax hardware, the software supports the setup and use of the Fax driver.  No Sign-in required.

If the software is already installed and you want to "reinstall":

Uninstall the printer software from Programs and Features

Restart the computer and log in

Check that all the pieces of the printer software have been removed - if anything is deleted, Restart computer and log in

Next,

Download, Save, (then) Install new copy of the printer software

After the software in installed, Restart the computer and log in

Details Page - Driver - For your Printer

>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download  <<<

HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 All-in-One EasyStart Printer Setup Software – Offline Use Only 

Example - HP Scan - Menu

9025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Destination_89025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Destination_8

References / Resources / Examples

Example - Windows - Full Feature Software - Installed

Programs_and_Features_Printer_Desktop_Icons_11Programs_and_Features_Printer_Desktop_Icons_11

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I want to thank you for both your detailed responses to my problem, The scanning issue was one of many I had during initial installation of the printer. I am computer literate (EE) and normally do not require help with these types 0f things. After not being able to reach HP customer support via phone (many tries) I started a chat session with little anticipation of resolving my problems using chat. To my complete surprise the agent was able to solve all my problems (albeit it took close to 2.5 hours). Many of the approaches she took included those you recommended above. Unfortunately, I never received an e-mail or text so I could rate her support. She was tenacious. Thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.