cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: Printer is offline in Windows. How do I get it back online?

HP Recommended

My HP ENVY photo printer/scanner 6255 works fine by itself and the scanner works with the Windows 10 PC. I have tired downloading drivers and running the HP Scan and Print Doctor 5.0.7 but nothing works. Device manager has the scanner icon (I think..looks like the printer icon)  but when running the scan doctor it stops when I try to make the printer the default printer. I suspect windows 10, not the printer but have tried everything I can find on the internet and HP support sites and I know just enough to be dangerous. Any suggestions?  

1 REPLY 1
1 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Suggest checking the IP addresses of the printer and PC and router.  The setup instructions for the printer likely describe how to find what the IP address is, and should also describe how to set the DHCP to "automatic".   It may be that the printer settings change it's IP address whenever it's turned on; that address change is likely why Windows 10 sees the printer as "offline".

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation