02-20-2023 02:36 AM - edited 02-20-2023 02:37 AM
Have had this old MF printer for years now and it worked flawlessly. Due to an OS upgrade was forced to reinstall drivers which automatically updated themselves to this horrid HP Smart app. This has resulted in company time allocated to documentation scanning to triple.
Here are the reasons:
1. HP Smart wants login. Old software did not. Time wasted.
2. Scan tool is now run through HP Smart which loads longer. Time wasted.
3. Scan tool now executes a lot longer and it requires an extra click to add a new page (doubling the time). Now imagine you scan hundreds daily. Time WASTED.
4. You have scanned 50 documents and are ready to click Save which, non intuitively, is not the last button in the row. The last button is "FAX". You have clicked it and now you wait for it to load so you can go back to scanning. Guess what, everything you have scanned is now GONE. Start all over. Absolutely fuming.
None of this happened with old school app/driver set this printer was using for over a decade. It was good, fast, didn't ask for unnecessary information to operate and it did what it was supposed to. Now it is "improved" and horrible.
Now, I do have a hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188 from 2016 saved but annoyingly it updates itself to HP Smart automatically. How can i revert back and save countless hours?
I have 3 choices:
1. revert back to old drivers/tools
2. bill HP for our lost time
3. buy another non-HP MF printer.
Thank you for your help.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community