Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer:
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am trying to set up the Scanner to either scan to email or computer, but on the printer it says, " You cannot use this function because it has been disabled. For more information, contact the person who set up the printer". 

I am the person who set up the printer. This is me trying to set up scanning. I'm out of warranty and didn't realize this meant you can't get a human from HP to help. Anybody have solutions for a very tech-challenged mind? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@RotaryDial,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If an error displays on the printer when you try to scan, make sure the correct driver is installed, troubleshoot network issues, and make sure the scan to computer connection is enabled.

Use the following list of troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue:

• Restart the computer and printer: Turning the devices off and on again can restore the connection between the printer and the Mac.
  • Install the HP driver: The HP driver is required to enable the scan button on the printer. If you have not installed the driver yet, go to 123.hp.com, type your printer model, and then follow the instructions to complete the printer setup.
  • Enable the scan to computer connection: From the Printers & Scanners window, click Options & Supplies > Utility > Scan to Computer to enable the connection. If you cannot find HP Utility, try another tip.
  • Use another scanning method or app: If you cannot scan to your Mac from your printer, try using an app, such as HP Smart or HP Easy Scan, or another method, such as Scan to Email or Scan to Network.

The below link contains a self-help document, this will assist you in How to Scan to Email

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03862727

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.