Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M282nw
Microsoft Windows 11

SMTP has stopped working with an error suggesting to change port.

Scan to mail have worked ever since we bought the machine but have now developed a bit of an attitude.

I have backed up, reset and restored the printer (didn't retain mail settings). Didn't help.

I did a second reset without restore. Didn't help.

I tried other mail accounts on the printer. (but with same mail server 😕 ). Didn't help.

I tried the printers account from my phone on the same network as the printer. Worked.
I changed DNS  to 1.1.1.1. & 8.8.8.8. Didn't help.Clicked the firmware update button, says I have the latest.
What am i missing?
SMTP rapport

SMTP Status is 221

SMTP Status is 0

SMTP Status is 221

SMTP Status is 0

SMTP Status is 3

SMTP Status is 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got it to work with an g mail account, so I leave it at that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that there's no funny characters in the password, i also changed it with no improvements.

The account is connected to a regular SMTP server, not Gmail or Outlook

HP Recommended

@Jbost

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that scan to email is not working, I am glad to assist you.

Perform a factory reset on the printer:- 

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, swipe until the Setup menu displays. Touch the Setup icon to open the menu. 2. Scroll to and select the Service menu. 

3. Scroll to and select Restore Defaults, and then touch OK.

Setup scan to email again:-

Refer to page number 55 in this user guide for the steps:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is this an onsite SMTP server or remote? If remote, make sure that your network gateway settings are correct.  If internal, try using the IP address as the smtp server name instead of the name.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Off site SMTP. But we now have 2 printers with the same problem leading me to believe that the server or maybe the ISP have changed somehow.

I will visit one of the sites next week, armed with alternative email providers.

HP Recommended

I haven't had the time to visit the sites yet 😞

HP Recommended

Hi Now I've been there and I had the mail supplier on the line.

Reset, used page 58 and id didn't work, the mail support could not see any errors in their end.

Scanner firmware is from 20220729.

I didn't have time to see if I could get *popular email-provider* to work

HP Recommended

I got it to work with an g mail account, so I leave it at that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.