Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer/scanner:  Every thing seems to work fine except when I try to save a scanned document.  My problem is saving a multipage document as a single document.  After scanning an 8 page article on HP Scan and clicking on "Save" the article was saved as 8 separate pages rather than a single article with 8 pages.  What happened?  It used to save the combined pages as one article.  That is true whether I scan as "save as PDF" or "everyday scan."  Any help will be appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WRATTman1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Save a scan as a single or multi-page PDF (Windows, Mac)

Use the HP Smart app to create a PDF of a scanned document.

1. Open the HP Smart app. If you do not have HP Smart, download it from 123.hp.com or your app store.

2. Click the Scan tile on the home screen.

3. Select an option from the top menu bar to start the scan.

• Scanner: Place the original on the printer scanner glass or into the automatic document feeder (ADF). Select scan job type, size, color, and resolution settings, and then click Scan in the lower right corner.

• Import: Select photos saved on your computer to apply a boundary, and then use the settings to edit, print, and share. This option does not work with document file types.

• Camera: Uses the computer camera or a webcam to capture, edit, and print or share a photo or document.

HP Smart scan types

4. Adjust the boundaries, and then click Apply.

5. For multi-page documents, click Add in the Preview window to return to the Scan window. Load the next page onto the scanner glass or capture it with your camera.

Repeat this process until all the pages of your document are scanned.

6. Change the file name and select Basic PDF as the file type.

HP Smart save and share scan options

7. Click Save to save the PDF to a folder on the computer, or click Share for options to email or share the file.

More on this, see this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2275901-2074064-16

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.