Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620ple: Pavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear users,

Would it be possible to find out how to fix some problems with the scanner of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Printer?

Background: Recently, I had to format 2 of my computers: the first one to fix a Windows problem (the computer shutting down and restarting anytime), the second one to replace a hard drive. Both hard drives were copied before formatting.

However, since then, I am no longer able to scan, even if I manage without any problem to print from one of my 3 networked computers, two Acer and one Toshiba all-in-one?

Question: What do you think is the solution to this problem, since I can print but not scan? I thought the solution was to reinstall the software, but I'm not sure.

Context: Also, my 3 computers are networked with the printer, but only scan on one (transmission on one)? According to us, could I scan a document on all 3 computers, depending on my choice, or only on one and transmit the document by email? I was told that it was possible on all 3 and I was told about HP Scan, but I was not told how to do it.

Question: How do I find the right computer to scan on by choosing "others"? There are several choices, but despite several attempts, I can't do it.

Background: I've never been able to use fax. I tried to install it without success. Even if the fax is a bit outdated, I would like to use it at least once. When I try to do the fax test, there is always a problem.

Question: Is the fact that I have an answering machine the probable reason that the fax is not working? Do you have a procedure for faxing?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Robert-E. Deschênes

We look forward to hearing from you.

Robert-E. Deschênes
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Robertetetienne, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You need to setup fax on the printer to use the feature.

Refer to this document to know how to setup and use fax.

Run a fax test once the connections are made to check if all the settings are fine.

Go to Setup > Fax > Tools > Run fax test

Check the result.

For scanning, are you trying to scan from the printer screen or the computer screen?

You need to install the full feature driver if not already installed on all the PCs

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Refer to this document to know how to scan from your Win PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.