Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi There

I've got a HP Officejet pro 8720 all in one printer, which I want to be able to scan directly from the printer to a Onedrive folder, without initiating it from a computer.

Is this possible?

I was able to do it with network storage drive, where I didn't need to actually use the computer to scan to the network folder, but I can't seem to find a way to do this with a onedrive folder.

I don't seem to have the Scan to Computer feature either, and I can't find it within my HP Smart App.  The only thing I can find is webscan, which I still need use the computer to trigger the scan, rather than using the HP printer directly.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had this feature on my Epson MFP.  I do not see it with HP MFP.  Epson required authentication with O365 to access my OneDrive scanned folder to place the scanned files not needing my PC.  The scanned files were also date stamped in the file name so as not to overwrite previously scanned documents.  My HP MFP does none of that.  On the HP website, I saw a corporate software that would be similar, but I was told that the new HP MFP I bought from Costco last week was "too old."   

The HP MFP scanning using e-mail is VERY basic and requires my mail (SMTP) server; Epson provides a mail server.  HP can do the same using HPePrint.com to perform this function; I do not see this in HP Smart.

Please LMK if you know of better HP Scanning services.  I think I would need a NAS and special workflow software on the NAS to make this work better. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.