Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MF
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello,

I need your help, guidance to resolve issue: Scan feature not available on Mac running on OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.1 for HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP (E468DE)

I have installed hpprinterdriver3.1 but still the scan feature does not appear when I select the printer from system preferences -> printers&scanners. Below is screenshot for reference.

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 9.16.37 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL (Provost),

I was able to tweak the HP CLJ CM1312 MFP series v1.5.0.dmg and make it work.

Thank you for your reply and sharing the alternatives.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning is no longer supported for your printer on El Capitab, The latest OS X version to support scanning for the CM1312 was Lion, any later OS version only support printing or Faxing as listed on the following chart:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03800910

You may try the 3rd party VueScan software as a workaround, it seems to support your scanner with no need of any additional drivers:

http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_laserjet_cm1312nfi.html

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL (Provost),

I was able to tweak the HP CLJ CM1312 MFP series v1.5.0.dmg and make it work.

Thank you for your reply and sharing the alternatives.

HP Recommended

can you please share this tweak with me because i have the same problem

HP Recommended
  1. Open the dmg
  2. Copy the mpkg to your hard drive
  3. Right click on the mpkg
  4. Click "Show Package Contents"
  5. Open Contents/distribution.dist in a text editor (drag it on the TextEdit icon for example)
  6. Modify the system.version.ProductVersion check to something like 10.11.0 (for El Capitan)
  7. Save changes
  8. Right click on the mpkg
  9. Click "Open"
  10. You're welcome.
HP Recommended

Am I misunderstanding or is this a solution to the lack of an HP driver that supports 'scan' in OS X (since Lion)?

If so, is it dependent on having any particular HP technology -- i.e., will it work with a LJ 3055 (All-In-One) or only with more recent units?

Also, is any particular OS X version required (i.e., can it be done in Mavericks, etc. or is El Capitan required)?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank-you!!!

HP Recommended

Following your instrunctions of the fix and I get a Java Script Error after opening the mpkg.

Any ideas?

Running 10.11.6 on MBpro Early 2011

Thanks in advance,

~AB

HP Recommended

F..k..g dev !!!.

The guy who write the driver, reads only the first character after "10." of the system. So "10.10" is read as "10.1" and the OS seems to be lower than 10.7.

The javascript error seems to be due to the fact that the mod version have 2 char after the "10.xx"

Just delete the "!" on the requested line (it will reverse the condition). It works !!!!

The only problem is that the preview of the scan is out of the appropriate space.

Enjoy.

V.

HP Recommended

Thx!!!

Really usefull!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.