Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8025
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Need some help.

If I tap scan on AIO, then scan from computer it tells me to set things up first on the computer. ( Apple Airbook, OS Big Sur V11)

I can't find where to do this. I start HP Smart app on MAC and it has all kinds of options but none for setting up scan to computer. If I click scan I can scan but again no way to set up scanner.

What am I doing wrong please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scan to computer is not supported on mac OS, this can only supported on Windows.

You would need to initiate the scan from HP Smart on your Mac or from a mobile device.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scan to computer is not supported on mac OS, this can only supported on Windows.

You would need to initiate the scan from HP Smart on your Mac or from a mobile device.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks. 

Interestingly I fail to see this on any web page nor is it listed that I saw on cartoon. Printer states it is compatible with MAC OX 11 and even lists this as an OS. 

Is this documented on HP's site anywhere? 

HP Recommended

You're welcome @UserKen.

You may review its user guide, see page 46:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06291141.pdf

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks. 

Yes the manual says how to set it up in Windows but not MAC. 

Really the "Note" should state clearly this function is not available on MAC. Just like it says some scan functions are not available unless you install software. The author must expect the reader to conclude if not written it is not available. As I said the printer even tells you to go to HP for MAC instead of saying "Not available". 

I realize you can't change the manuals or firmware. Wish HP would step up. 

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Stay safe. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.