Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello.

Yesterday I tried to scan a document to my PC from the priner glass surface.

The result of the scan was a grey page with stripes from top to bottom.

Trying to do a paper copy resulted in the same output.

The scanner head/lamp runs from right to left as usual.

Printing documents from the pc works fine. the ink heads are not empty.

When tyring to perform alignment test: the page was printed just fine, and then I put in on the glass for the printer to sacan it - The printer said that it doesnt see the page and could not scan the alignment page.

Therefore, the printer realized that the scan did not match the image it was expecting to see.

Last time I tried to scan (few weeks ago) - everything worked fine.

I would be glad for your help.

Thanks alot,

Guy

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Guy16

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I'll try my best to help

Try changing the scan settings with HP Printer Assistant.

1. Load the item on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), depending on your printer type and features.

Note: Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.

2. Search Windows for your printer model, then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Scan, then click Scan a Document or Photo.

HP Scan opens.

4. Click one of the shortcuts that matches the file type and resulting action you want.

5. Change any of the shortcut default settings in the right side of the window, if necessary.

Note: Available settings change depending on if you are scanning a document or photo. For example, the PDF File type is only available for document scans.

6. Select Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it.

7. Click Advanced Settings or More to change settings such as quality, color, and default scan destination folder.

8. Click Scan.

The printer scans the item, then a preview of the scan displays in HP Scan.

9. If necessary, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned item, then change any additional settings.

10. Click Save.

The Save as windows opens.

11. Select the folder you want to save the scan to, change the File name if necessary, confirm the file type in the Save as type menu, then click Save.

If the issue persists, perform a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed

Then update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/hr-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/828...

You can also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579/documen...

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your response.

I did a printer reset.

for a long time, there was an update pending in the hp software panel. 

So I installed it.

Is it the same as the firmware update you recommended?

Still, the problem remains: scan preview in a grey square with vertical lines.

Printing documents from the PC works fine.

Thanks for your help,

Guy

HP Recommended

@Guy16

I suggest you try downloading the Firmware from the link I provided earlier

If the issue persists, please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.