Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Other

HP color laser mfp 178nw

My scanning function is not working properly.

When I scan a document it scans ok but when I attempt to save as a pdf, the document is blank

If it print instead of saving it works fine.

Any ideas?

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

I also have same issue with my mfp178 it works fine when scanning or printing It also save PNG and jpeg files but when I try to save as PDF it shows blank documents. I reinstalled hp smart, hp scan and adobe reader I still have same product on my Mac computer.

HP Recommended

Same issue for me on my OfficeJet 3830.  When I save as a PDF, the pages are blank.

HP Recommended

Me too. Appears problem just started. I upgraded to new MacOS last week. Could it be a Mac problem?

HP Recommended

Same issue here on my updated imac, so been using the HP Smart app to scan instead and it works (will save file as PDF and it's not blank).

HP Recommended

Add me to the list of Mac users having this same issue. Just upgraded to Ventura last week.

Laptop: Macbook Air M1, 2020

HP Easy Scan (Version 1.10.0)
Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
Printer: HP OfficeJet Pro 8610

HP Recommended

I've been doing some troubleshooting and I noticed that Easy Scan only saves it as a blank PDF if choose the following options:

• Click "Send"
  • Select "Folder"
  • In the pop-up menu, choose:
    • Format: PDF
    • Leave "Long-term preservation (PDF/A)" unchecked
    • Check the box "Save all items to a single file"

If I check the box for "Long-term preservation (PDF/A)", the PDF is not blank.

Also, if change the format to "PDF-Searchable", the PDF is not blank.

Curious if other users get the same results.

EsayScan_Options.png

HP Recommended

Using MacBook Pro (recently updated to Ventura) with HP Envy 5644, having the same problem. Scans OK and shows page content in scanned contents sidebar, however saves as blank page if saved as pdf! Keeps content when saved as pdf-searchable. Anyone know if HP is doing anything about this?

HP Recommended

Yes...good work...checking Long Term Preservation fixed it.  Thank you for your effective troubleshooting!  Simple fix!

HP Recommended

I am also facing the same problem. when the box is unchecked, the pdf is blank. Tried creating the pdf with box checked and it worked fine.

looks like, new MacOS and HP Easy Scap and PDF (adobe) are not compatible. did anyone find the solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.