Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a
Microsoft Windows 11

Wireless Network test results indicate no problems found, when I try to scan to email, I get a message that it is attempting to connect to hpeprint server and then there is a server connection error. I have tried the following:

- shutting down the printer,

- entering a new email successfully in the

- Reset the printer to factory defaults

- reset the printer to only connect via IPv4

- reset the DNS to manual DNS server and to look to the the google DNS server addresses: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Wireless details indicate excellent signal strength.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Miner_Dave 

The printer is not listed as supported in Windows 11.

Windows 11 compatible HP printers

When unsupported, printer software, including other features on the printer that interact with Windows 11, would likely have trouble.

Conversely, checking the Full Feature Software installation package page, I do find Windows 11 in the list of supported OS versions.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus/Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - N911a-n Full Feature Software and D... 

Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 11
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)

==========================================================

What does it mean that one source says one thing and the other source says something else?

Unknown, though the age and version of the driver (28.1.1312) suggests that the software is not actually compatible in spite of the notation in the Operating Systems list.

What to do?

Again, unknown.

Were it mine to do, I think I would try

Restart everything, including the router.

Check...

Uninstall the printer software > restart the computer > install a fresh copy of the printer software.

After that, I'd consider whether it is time to replace the printer with newer tech.

No, I'm not trying to force you to purchase a new HP printer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

CategoriesAlerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - N911 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, @Dragon-Fur.  The computer part of my printer works well.  I can print up a storm.  It is the physical printer that cannot find the server to start the Scan to Email app. 

I understand that HP changed from ePrint service to the HP Smart, but it would be nice if they would acknowledge that they have shut the server off, or at least tell me why it is not working. 

The only thing that I haven't tried is turning web services off, restarting the printer and then turning web services on again.

HP Recommended

@Miner_Dave 

Agreed -

Restarting everything on the network - or at least those parts that you are willing to restart - is a good idea.

The processing of all mail sent to the services, ePrint or "Anywhere", is handled by programs and banks of servers in several regional locations. 

ePrint has not been shut down - it is possible that the older, less robust service will be phased out over time. 

It has always been a matter of "ePrint works or it does not".

It might be the case that Print Anywhere is similarly supported - "Here it is - here is how it works - set it up and try it".

If you think it will help, keep this one in mind:

HP Printers - Printer Turns Off Unexpectedly or Repeatedly

Step 2: Restart the printer

====================================================================

What else?

Help here:

Open website:  HP Smart / HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

and

HP Printers - Printing with HP ePrint HP ePrint Email Job Does Not Print

and

>>> Recheck / Test your EWS Profile setup

If you are using 2-step verification, ensure you have set up an Apps Password.

Example - EWS - Scan to Email - SMTP supported printer

EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_5EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_5

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I removed and reinstalled web access and I still have the same error - My HP 8600 printer looks to access the www.hpeprintsolutions.com website to download the app.  The error is when it is trying to access the apps online.  My email for the scan-to-email app works, tested in the browser interface for the email server settings page.

I guess my printer is no longer supported, and HP refuses to acknowledge that.

Thanks for you help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.