Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Scanjet G4050

I searched for solutions to clean the inside glass surface from the upper lid (TM: Transparant Materials Scanner), but I did not find any solution, but without succes.

Subsequently, I found a solution myself:
1. Detach the upper lid from the scanner.
2. then you see 10 black circles on the insite. This are plastic covers. Behind these are 8 small black screws and 2 slightly lareger screws in the handle. I was able to remove those plastic cover with a sharp knive (I damaged them in this process, and I did not place them back.)
3. I removed also the chrome screw, just under the white cover/green handle.
If you have followed these steps, your are able to open the cover far enough to clean the inside surface of the glass. While open, use the opportunity to clean the black plastic bottom (or 'ceiling') as well. In my scanner lid, this "ceiling" also collected quite some dust.
(I removed the outer cover with the HP logo as well, but that is completely unneccesary)20210329_145042[1].jpg20210329_145054[1].jpg20210329_145107[1].jpg20210329_145200[1].jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.