Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Ich habe den HP Officejet 8015 gekauft.

Beim meinem Alten Drucker konnte ich am Display auf "Scan to Computer" klicken und das PDF wurde erstellt und an den Computer gesendet ohne dass ich am Computer was tun musste.

Am neuen Drucker bekomme ich am Display die Meldung ich sollte die HP Smart App installieren und dies einrichten.

In der HP SMart app finde ich diese Einstellung nicht.

Was muss ich tun?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @MarkS777 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I bought the HP Officejet 8015.

With my old printer I could click on "Scan to Computer" on the display and the PDF was created and sent to the computer without having to do anything on the computer.

On the new printer I get the message I should install the HP Smart app and set this up in the settings.

I can't find this setting in the HP SMart app.

What should I do?

HP Recommended

@MarkS777

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's do a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty,

i do the firmwareupdate. After that i klick on scan and than scan to computer.

but then the Infomessage returns to the display:

set up scanning to a computer using the hp software first,......

On "HP Smart"-Software is no funktion "scan-to-computer" that i could be activate

On the embedded Web Server i activate the position "webscan over ews"

but nothing works

HP Recommended

To which device is your Printer connected to?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.