Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi,

this issue is so annoying because my kids are using scanning for school from home activities.

Printing is working fine, while scanning has an issue: box says "HP Lasejet Pro is not available" (attached error box in Italian).

I've already updated both firmware and driver - got the version for MacOs 10.13 (even if I have MacOs 10.13.6) that is the one available on HP support.

Please note my HP MFP printer is connected via USB: usb is the only connection available, I cannot use any other connection.

Thanks for helping!

Andrea

Scan Error ITA.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your post.

After soem days I can say that upgrading firmware and drivers for the printer works fine: I sometimes get the errore message, but it's enough to switch off and on the printer and then the error disappears.

So I''ve been able to scan for 15 days now: problem not 100% solved but I can obtain the scans I need.

Thanks again - Andrea

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AndreaGS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to scan from your Mac but you are able to print fine.

To assist you better, did you install the HP Easy Scan app from the App Store?

Have you tried scanning with any other app?

Let us try these steps:

Make sure the cable is directly connected between the MAC and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your MAC.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the MAC? If yes, disable the same for time being.

You may check this in System Information > Applications.

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your MAC:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus

I see that you are using the HP Easy Scan software. Use the HP Smart app as mentioned in this document and check if that helps.

Install the HP Smart app from the App Store.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your post.

After soem days I can say that upgrading firmware and drivers for the printer works fine: I sometimes get the errore message, but it's enough to switch off and on the printer and then the error disappears.

So I''ve been able to scan for 15 days now: problem not 100% solved but I can obtain the scans I need.

Thanks again - Andrea

HP Recommended

@AndreaGS

If the issue persists, you may try to reinstall the HP Easy Start from the App Store or use the HP Smart app to scan and check the results.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Was given a patch by HP about a year ago to solve the same but cannot locate same now. Also no support from HP in Africa as per the attached. Screenshot 2021-04-07 22.31.39.png

HP Recommended

@BigLou3, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which app are you using to scan?

What model printer are you using?

For more info on scanning, refer to - How to scan with an HP printer

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.