Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Is there a way to make the scanner work under W11?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Warning-Studios 

Please try the driver download from the next link:

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

ferRX_1-1638822184200.pngdodecaedroh.gif

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Warning-Studios 

Please try the driver download from the next link:

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

HP Recommended

Dear FerRX,

The link you referred too seemed not to be a link. At least not in Outlook (problem might be in Outlook, don’t know…).

I however copied and paste the link in my browser that then came up with a site where I could find and download a driver for W11 that is actually working!

The sit is: https://www.freeprintersupport.com/hp-photosmart-c5180-driver-download/

So even though I couldn’t directly use your link you helped me out perfectly. Thanks a million!

I am running W11 in a sound studio setup with lots of dedicated software and many specific connections but it is funny to discover how a simple task like scanning a file once in a while seems missing more then I could have ever imagined once the function turns out to be obsolete.

Sincerely yours,

Björn Warning

Warning Studios – Amsterdam.

HP Recommended

Great 😊, nice to know the driver provided helped you to find a solution !

Best regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.