Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 4675
Other

Previous topics:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Latest-firmware-causes-ADF-to-only-ever-sc... - me having this issue over one year ago.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Scanner-document-feeder-only-scans-first-p... - someone else having a similar issue earlier this year.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Re-Scanner-document-feeder-only-scans-first-page/td-p/... - my reply to the above thread. For some reason it became its own thread instead - I don't know why! This post is a bit of a rant but I think it's justified.

THIS IS A BUG IN HP FIRMWARE and must be fixed ASAP. I, for one, probably won't buy an HP product again JUST because of this bug, and I'm almost definitely not the only one.

Description: After a firmware update, scanning from the Automatic Document Feeder no longer works correctly. Only the first page is scanned. This happens using ALL scanning methods:

1. HP Smart app from Microsoft Store

2. Scan - default Windows 10 app

3. Web interface - going to 192.168.0.99 (my printer's local IP) on a web browser

4. HP Printer Assistant

5. Scanning through the printer's touch screen and selecting the target computer from there

After the first page has been scanned, it's sent to the computer and the computer does not wait for additional pages.

Meanwhile, the printer continues to feed the document through it, as if it's scanning them, but no matter what the user does, the new pages will never actually be sent to the computer.

Things I've tried: I've manually checked for updates using the printer's touchscreen interface. There was an update available (why didn't it notify me?). I installed the update, but it had no effect on this issue. After the update, my firmware version is CEP1FN1941AR. It is the latest version.

I've tried scanning using multiple computers and multiple methods as described above. All exhibit the same issue. This issue is with the printer, not the computers.

Things I refuse to try: I refuse to remove and re-install the HP software on my computer because the printer should work without having to do this. Especially since it has worked in the past and I've done nothing to break it other than update firmware.

I will be happy to help any HP employee in debugging this issue, but only if you acknowledge that this is a serious bug caused by HP software and want to fix it.

I am a programmer myself. I know that bugs can happen and be tricky to find and fix. But you've been ignoring this issue for over a year. What good is a scanner if you can only scan one page at a time?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@NeatNit
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue and apologize for the inconvenience caused.
To get the answer to this question, I agree with you, however, sometimes a bad update or a corrupted system file during an update could cause the issue, so please reinstall the HP software using the root level reinstallation to fix it permanently.

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Absolutely not. If you will not acknowledge that this is a bug in HP firmware, then HP is an even worse company than I thought and I will be sure never to buy an HP product again in my lifetime.

I will be sure to tell all of my friends to do the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.