Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer

Hello, 

It's about a week the scanner of my HP Envy 120 e-all-in-one lost the "point zero" from where it starts doing scans. 

Due to this problem, the scanner cuts the first 3-4cm of the page and goes to the very end of the glass, making a bad noise when it hit the bezel of the glass.

I already tried ALL the suggested resolutions, removing the AC cord for few minutes, restore to factory defaults etc..nothing worked for me.

I tried to update the firmware, but the one available on the HP website is older than the one is installed on the printer (website is July 2018, in the printer the firmware is from 2020), so there is no way to reinstall the firmware again.

I also found on the web how to enter the engineering/manufacturing menu, but there isn't any option to calibrate the starting point of the scanner.

I also tried the solution that someone published on YouTube about bad connections on ribbon cables, but also this didn't helped me.

I saw there are 2 screws that keeps the glass closed, but by removing the screws, the glass on the stepper motor side looks stuck and I can't take it out.

I hope someone can help me to fix this problem, because the printer works greatly and it is the first time it gives me problems in so many years.

I worked as IT Tech and actually i do repairs on electronics products like PCs, smartphones, etc, so no problem to me to disassembly the printer if needed (to disassembly the printer would be appreciated a service manual or something similar. I tried to remove the scanner glass assembly, but I can't take it out).

Thank you I'm advance to anyone who will give me any solution to fix this printer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Cysko,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP ENVY 120 E-All-In-One Printer. I really appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue on your own.

As I see that, you need assistance in getting the screws back to their place to make the scanner work.  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Andy,

thanks for the answer, but I'm sorry to say you didn't understood my problem.

I need to remove the upper glass of the scanner and manually adjust the "point zero" of the scanner, because it "cuts" about 4cm on every page I scan.

I've attached some pictures to make you understand better.

The scanner in while in idle is about 4-5cm after the "point zero".

I tried to use Manufacturing/engineering hidden menu in the hope to fix it, but there is no option about it.

I live in Italy, and italian tech support is VERY VERY poor, that's why i asked here if someone can help.

1659887258693.jpg1659887258678.jpg1659887258658.jpgSCAN0002.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.