cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
Astradia
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Scanner "not found"

HP Recommended
HP Scanjet Pro 2500 f1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sometimes when I try to use the scanner it doesn't work and when I open the application, it says "scanner not found". I have to uninstall and reinstall every time the scanner does this then it works fine. It seems to happen when I turn the computer off. Someone told me it might have something to do with the USB port, but I have no idea. Can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,513
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So the scanner is connected via USB?  It may be powering down.  Try here.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/prevent-windows-from-powering-off-usb-device/

0 Kudos
Astradia
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! I've tried that, I'll see if it works. 🙂

0 Kudos
Astradia
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,513
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry no, that's the only thing that would cause an issue with the USB port.  Suggest you contact HP for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation