cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
M_6531
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Scanning documents

HP Recommended
Dell Vostro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everything on my computer and printer was working fine. I have a Dell computer and an HP printer.   I could print, copy and scan just fine.  Then all of a sudden when I saved a couple of documents, the letters DESKTOP GSUUSUU were added to the end of the document name.  Example: Letterhead - DESKTOP - GSUUSUU.   I have no idea why that happened or what it means.   After that started happening, now I can still print and copy just fine.  But when I try to scan, the window on the printer shows DESKTOP-GSUUSUU (USB) as the name of the printer, and it won't scan  because that is not my printer.  My actual printer does not show up on the printer list in the printer window , so it is not recognizing my printer.  I would like to know three things:  Why did DESKTOP-GSUUSUU start showing up as part of the document name, and why does DESKTOP-GSUUSUU  show up in my printer window, and my actual printer does not show up..

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation