Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

After being a lifelong loyal HP user,  I will never buy an HP. No company that treats loyal customers like this deserve another dime of my money!!!

My laptop updated itself to windows 11 and now my scanner won't work. I tried to download HP smart as it suggests but it won't download. I tried every last support assistant that has been offered and nothing will fix it. There is always an error at the end. I am 4 hours in and I can not call and talk to anyone unless I pay for it even though it was their update that caused the problem. Furthermore I just had shoulder surgery and still need 2 more and the pain I am experiencing just trying to get basic functions working on my $1100 laptop and $300 printer is out of this world. Not to mention I am also paying for HP in every month . The last time windows sent me to one of these **bleep** communities my question was never answered and it was another complete waste of my time. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@THISISTHEWORST1

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that 
here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.