Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Scanning from 5546 to Mac has gone

HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy All in One 5546. It is located in another room to my iMac. I have the latest MacOX Big Sur Updated today to 11.1.

I have also today updated the printer firmware and uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software and drivers.

When setting up the printer settings via the printer web page, this new software does not give me the option to 'enable scan to computer' as was in the old software.  

I can print and scan when I'm in front of my mac, so coms are all good, but when I go to the actual printer and press scan, it will not find the mac, saying go to setting and ..... 'enable scan to computer' but as I've said, that option in the scan setting page on the printer web page, is not there, just webscan.

Wifi direct and AirPrint are all there and network reports are all good, just the ability to 'enable scan to computer' has gone and "printer" not seeing computer (computer seeing printer is all OK) Very odd

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation