Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
All in one 8040

When trying to scan to email, a new issue has come up where it will not let me scan, giving me a server problem warning. The printer cannot connect to Web services because the server is temporary unavailable or busy, please try again later. To my knowledge nothing has changed and I do not know why this feature has stopped working.  When I try to go to their website to diagnose the issue I just end up in circles with the virtual agent and any of the “helpful guides. I do not know where to go to resolve this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Manda817,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your wired (Ethernet) or wireless network is working correctly and the printer is connected.

1. Make sure the printer is not connect with a USB cable.

NOTE: 

When a USB cable is connected to the printer, the printer cannot connect to Web Services.

2. If you are using a wireless router, check your router’s documentation or support website to make sure it meets the following requirements:

• Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID. If the printer supports 5.0 GHz, connect it to the 5.0 GHz band SSID.

• Bonjour support (Mac only): HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

3. Make sure your printer is not connected to a guest or host network, such as those networks found in schools, hotels, or home networks that allow guest logins. For more information see Can't Print on a Guest or Host Network.

4. Confirm the printer is connected to the network.

• Wireless network connection: On the printer, open the Wireless Network or Settings menu to verify the wireless feature is turned on, and then make sure the Wireless icon  light is solid and blue.

If the wireless light is blue and blinks, move the computer and printer closer to the router, position the devices away from large metal objects such as bookcases, and move the printer away from devices that emit radio signals such as microwaves and cordless phones. Reconnect the printer to your network, and then make sure the wireless light is blue and solid. If your printer frequently drops the wireless connection, go to Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection for detailed troubleshooting steps.

• Wired (Ethernet) network connection: Check that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port  and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

Figure : Connect the cable to the printer and to the router

Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and to the router
  5. On your computer, click the network icon  or  in the menu bar to view the network name and status of the connection.

• If the selected network is not yours (for instance, if you connected to a neighbor's or a guest network), you must reconnect to your own network before turning on Web Services.

• If the network signal strength is weak, move the computer and printer closer to the router, position the devices away from large metal objects such as bookcases, and move the printer away from devices that emit radio signals such as microwaves and cordless phones.

• If the network status is not connected, confirm your network is working correctly, and then check the status again. Make sure a check mark or connected status displays next to the network name.

6. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try to turn on Web Services.

Also, try the steps in the document to resolve the issue- Cannot Connect to Web Services

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.