Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5544
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using an HP Envy 5544 to san old photographs.

I want digital copies of the same size or slightly bigger. 4x6" / 10/15cms will benerally be the most I'm looking for if I print copies. Mostly I'll just be sending the images to family.

I started by scanning each photo with "page size" set to A4. I then cropped so all I had left was the photo content and they looked OK. They won't win prizes but I was happy with them.

I then got to a batch of 2.5x3.5" (6.5x9cms) photos and began to think I might be lowering the clarity of the photo by enlarging it too much. And then I noticed the "keep resolution" button and can't decide whether I should be using it or not.

Can anyone advise or point me to some kind of Guide for beginners such as I?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response but it hasn't enabled me to work out what the "keep resolution" option does or what the consequences are of not using it.
It must do something or else it wouldn't be there.
Taken literally, it means that the resolution of the image remains the same after editing. But that happens whether I use the button or not.

Anyone else got any ideas?

AB

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.