Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277c6
Microsoft Windows 11

Riddle me this - my printer HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M277c6 connects fine for printing on regular internet and 5g. When I switch to 5g the printing works but the device can not be found for scanning.  I have gone through several HP troubleshoots but no resolution. Right now I have both regular and 5g internet - all I am doing is switching the internet source from spectrum to Verizon 5g. No other changes. Is there a printer that could both print and scan on 5g? Is there a reason for this? 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Wellness2609 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

This product appears to have been introduced in 2016.

Anything in that era is perhaps rated for 2.4GHz - and so says the Specification sheet for the models in this series.

Printer Specifications for HP Color LaserJet Pro M252, M274, and M277 Printers

================================================

Rather than expecting your current printer to switch frequencies,

If you router supports it,

Try / Consider

Create a separately named SSID network for each frequency,

Connect the printer to the SSID network you have created for 2.4GHz.

General Example - Dual Band Network - Considerations

SSID_Dual_Band_Example_16SSID_Dual_Band_Example_16

==========================================================

EWS >> Examine / Adjust Printer Settings, Network, and other features

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 - User Guide

Pages 82-84

EWS > HP Document / How-to

Use the HP printer Embedded Web Server (EWS)

General Example

EWS – Browser – LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw - HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab System > Paper Setup > Paper and Tray

OR

Tab Network

==========================================================

New Printer and 5GHz

Yes, many of the more recent printers, both InkJet and LaserJet, support 5GHz.

Automatically switching / hopping from one frequency to another might not be supported.

Shop at the HP Store or your favorite online merchant.

HP Store – USA

Store/HP.com USA Sales

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the store website and click the Flag to change regions.

HP Store Customer Service - Examples

For example:  Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Tracking, Change Order, Returns and Cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 - User Guide

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277c6 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the very complete answer. What you are describing is way beyond my skills or patience. Is there a laser printer that both prints and scans in 5g? I am wanting to only use 5g. Now I can print with 5g but not scan with 5g. Would a new printer do both printing and scanning in 5g? What would be the equivalent new printer? Thank you! 

HP Recommended

@Wellness2609 

You are welcome.

I am not the one to help you shop for a new LaserJet printer.

My tastes run expensive AND I don't know enough about the product line.

That said, this printer supports 5GHz and provides a number of nice features not found in the "lesser" models.

Yes, it can be connected to your 5GHz network for print / scan operations.

It does not say it supports automatic 2-sided scan (as does the InkJet OfficeJet Pro 9025e, for example).

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw 

Open the page, scroll down, open "Specs"

I'd read everything --

Of immediate interest:

Connectivity, standard

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port; built-in Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-TX network port, 802.11n 2.4/5GHz wireless, Fax port, Front Host USB

Read:

Product disclaimer

This printer is intended to work only with cartridges that have a new or reused HP chip, and it uses dynamic security measures to block cartridges using a non-HP chip. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures and block cartridges that previously worked. A reused HP chip enables the use of reused, remanufactured, and refilled cartridges. More at:http://www.hp.com/learn/ds

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.