Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 9025e
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I have just purchased an HP ScanJet Pro 9025e for my mac computers running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.  After discovering to my horror that HP has NO MAC DRIVERS for this model, it occurred to me that I might be able to do my scans to my Macbook using a shared network folder.  

I've tried using the EWP Scan to Network Folder feature to no avail, as I keep getting credentials errors (Incorrect credentials. Check your username/password and try again).   

I have properly set up sharing, am typing in the correct network address, but no luck.

I've read many posts on this and have tried following all of the various suggestions I could, including using both IP address and computer name, forward and back slashes in the network path, and still I get nowhere.  

Does anyone else have a suggestion that works on Yosemite?  How much longer must we wait for Mac drivers?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@howardfredrics

Thanks for replying!

Here is a knowledge base article https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Scan-to-Network-Folder-Setup-for-Officejet-Pro... that can help you with the scan to network folder setup.

Let me know the outcome.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@howardfredrics, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you're trying to scan to the network folder, as there are no drivers available this is not a viable option.

Alternatively, you can set up smart tasks using the HP Smart App. Refer to the document HP Printers - HP Smart: Use Smart Tasks for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you, but this is not quite accurate.  While there are no mac drivers, scan to network folder does work.  The key setting is that once a network path to the shared folder is established, you must set your printer time to GMT timezone.  Without that, there is a software bug that prevents successful authentication to your networked computer.
My only issue thereafter is selecting between single and duplex for adf scanning.  The usual method of selecting 2 sided on the printer's front panel must be replaced with creating two different settings profiles within web interface and then you can select the profile from the printer.
HP Recommended

@howardfredrics

Thanks for replying!

Here is a knowledge base article https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Scan-to-Network-Folder-Setup-for-Officejet-Pro... that can help you with the scan to network folder setup.

Let me know the outcome.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Indeed, this article is precisely the resource that I found that guided me to changing the printer's time to GMT time zone, and which solved the problem for me, at least.  I don't know why other users may have continued to experience problems, but clearly, this klugey solution is not ideal and HP needs to get its act together by developing correct drivers with Apple to support ALL reasonably recent (i.e. Yosemite and beyond) operating systems.  Until then, I will advise my colleagues to stay FAR away from this product.

HP Recommended

@howardfredrics

Will definitely pass on the feedback to the concerned team.

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.