Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2540

So there was an internet problem in our street. 

I managed to reconnect the printer to my computer. Printing works. 

Now i tried to scan something using the HP smart app. When clicking on the tile, it says that scanning is unavailable at the moment and i should check if the printer is on. So i did that and returned to the scanning but it's still the same. 

I have deconnected to the router, started the printer again and restarted my laptop. 

Still the sam so i decided to use the HP print and scan doctor. Recommendations were to install software, which i did. Still not working so i did the doctor thing again. Now i clicked on solve scanning problems. The printer made a ot of noise and i even tried the testscan, which worked. But still not available on the HP smart app. 

What can i do? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lisa114 

You did not include the Operating System you are using and in the case of HP Smart, there are big differences in printing with HP Smart Application on a mobile device as compared to printing with HP Smart in Windows 10.

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

If you are trying to print from your mobile device (iPad / phone, for example), then you can try either resetting the application on that device or perhaps uninstalling the application and then reloading it.    This will likely require that you know your login credentials for your network (WiFi network SSID (name) and network login password for that WiFi network).

Additional help is available in the FAQ section of the "Using the HP Smart App" document.

HP Smart for Windows 10

Help for HP Smart for Windows (includes a link to the store)

Removing the application and reinstalling it may help.

HP Smart Application in Windows 10 can be uninstalled (how-to in document).

After you remove the application, Restart the computer and log in.

Open the Windows Store, find the application, and install (how-to in document).

NOTES:

• You might need to check / reset / adjust your WiFi network credentials (SSID Network name and network password).
  • Make sure you are connecting the printer to the same network as you are using for the rest of your network (computer, router, other devices).

References - More information and places to look for solutions

For Windows - HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

Troubleshooting

Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password

No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Printer Does Not Maintain Wi-Fi Connection

A 'No AirPrint Printers Found' Message Displays (iOS)

A 'Printer Isn't Available' Message Displays (Android)

How to

Featured content for selected topic includes and is not limited to:

Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch

Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.