Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5200 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've only had this printer a few months.  It was working fine for scanning and printing using HP Smart app.  Recently I haven't been able to use the scan function.  The app shows the printer in ready status, but when I try to scan it comes back with the message "Scanning is currently unavailable.  Please select Home to check that  your printer is connected and active.  Once connected return here to scan.".  However, I can print via wireless without a problem, so I don't think it's a wireless issue.  I used the HP Print and Scan Doctor to try to figure out the problem.  It put me through the steps to turn off router and printer and reconnect.  Then failed again, so went through trouble shooting steps to set up the printer to my network, and verify the IP address and the scan doctor is saying that it's associated with a network with the same name but different IP address.  I'm at a loss as to what to do.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kaeli33 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

The printer might be confused.

The printer supports Dual band - that is, it supports Wireless on 2.4GHz or 5GHz - but Not at the same time.

Sample Specifications

Make sure the router is broadcasting on both bands

Create a separate SSID network name for each bandwidth

NOTE:  The wireless password can be the same for both bands

Connect the printer to the SSID network name you want to use.

Example

SSID_Dual_Band_Example_1SSID_Dual_Band_Example_1Network_SSID_Names_1Network_SSID_Names_1

Consider creating a static IP address for the printer.

Printing Center > Common Questions > Connection Issues

Section: Improve Wireless communication by setting a manual (static) IP address

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 5200 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you @Dragon-Fur -  I see that my network properties show it's a dual band but I only see the 2.4GHz on there so I couldn't follow the steps in your first recommendation.  I followed the instructions for setting up a static IP for the printer, but when I plugged the IP into the browser http://192.168.0.5 no page shows up, it times out or says it can't connect.  I just don't understand how the printer can accept a print job wirelessly but not a scan job???  Thanks for any other suggestions!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.