cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Setting up HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 to fax using phone with answering machine and VOIP

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8035, a phone/answering machine combo, and VOIP.  Can someone please describe to me step by step how to set up this printer so I can send and receive faxes?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,851 2,487
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pegklinger,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to set up a fax.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that HP doesn’t recommend using a VOIP line to set up fax.

Follow the steps in the below article to set up the fax.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04935044

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I'd seen that picture, but 1) the naming of the ports on the back of my printer as well as the configuration is different and 2) we have a combined router/modem.

We had an older version of this printer and were able to use the fax with VOIP just fine.

Peggy

0 Kudos
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more thing...  Since our phone line uses VOIP, how else can we use the fax option from the printer?  My issue is when I fax, I usually have several pages and don't want to do one a t a time on my phone.  

Thanks again!

Peggy

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,851 2,487
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pegklinger,

Yes, the fax will work with VOIP lines.

The port on your Modem/Router is RJ45 (Ethernet port) and the fax line using RJ11 jack (Used for telephone connections).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation