Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855
macOS 10.15 Catalina

When scanning images from the glass, the resulting digital scan is skewed very slightly - maybe 1 degrees - always the same direction.  I think the issue is the alignment of the scan head under the glass with respect to the orientation of the sheet laying on the glass.  I position the paper accurately against the side of the flatbed frame but the image is still always skewed the exact amount.  I have measured the image on the paper to verify that it is straight with respect to edge of the paper.  As mentioned, it is a very small skew but still annoying.  Is there any way to open the flatbed section of the printer and adjust the position of the traveling scanning bar?  Any other possible fixes?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@getupearly0500

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Do you experience the same issue when making Photocopies?

Does it happen when printing from your computer or is it only when scanning?

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad - I just ran a test where I scanned a piece of graph paper and then overlaid the original with the photocopy nd looked at the image alignment under a light - it looks like the two images perfectly align with each other.  I am really surprised.  So it seems that the issue is maybe a digital problem?

Printing from the computer is fine - the issue only shows when scanning a document from the flatbed glass - when scanning a document the scan shows skewed on the computer.

Is there a way for adjusting this skew digitally?

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

Unfortunately this seems to be a Hardware issue since the Photocopy does not rely on the Software. It basically just prints whatever the scanner bulbs scans on the scanner glass. Since the issue during the Scanning and Photocopying is the same this seems to be a Hardware issue 

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad - Please read through my earlier response.  The photocopy scan from glass is aligned perfectly.  The issue is with the scanning.  I position the paper on the glass in the same way - the photocopy was aligned well but the digital image of the scan was skewed.  Is it possible to adjust this skew when scanning?

HP Recommended

My apologies. I misread your reply about the Photocopy. Since the Photocopy works fine and the issue is only digital image when scanning it's likely to be a Driver issue

Please ensure the printer and your Mac has the latest Firmware and follow these steps

Printer Firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Mac update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

Next remove and re-add the printer using Airprint

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to Scan

Let me know how it goes😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Krazy Toad - I have spent a little more time on the issue.  I just tried copying again and the image is skewed.  I aligned the document that I was copying carefully with the edge guides of the scanner glass and the resulting image on the paper copy is skewed.  Therefore, we know that there is not good alignment between the traveling scanner head and the guides.

I have had this issue since I bought the printer and have just lived with it.  I really think that I should get a replacement printer - even though the printer is not in warranty.  Can you help with this?  If HP is not willing to help me with this then I think I will consider another brand.  Is it possible to adjust the scanner head alignment?

HP Recommended

@getupearly0500

Thanks for keeping me posted

The scanner head is not a customer accessible part

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.