Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet Pro 8025:  Printer says:  Reconnect your printer to the internet.  You will be unable to print with HP instant ink cartridges very soon.  Then there are "Connect" and "OK" buttons.  When I try to "Connect" I get unable to connect.  The printer IS connected wi-fi with my computer.  Also, when I copy - it starts to scan, gets about 3/4 done, then sits there for a minute before it finishes the copy scan; and then prints the copy.  Same with print from computer - takes over a minute before it prints.  What can I do to solve this issue.  I've unplugged, turned off router, etc.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Judy185,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 printer is displaying a message asking you to reconnect it to the internet and stating that you will be unable to print with HP Instant Ink cartridges soon, here are a few steps you can follow to address the issue.

• Check your internet connection: Make sure that your printer is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network. Verify that your network connection is stable and functioning correctly.
  • Restart your printer: Turn off your printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This simple step can often resolve temporary connectivity issues.
  • Verify Wi-Fi settings: Access your printer's control panel or settings menu and navigate to the Wi-Fi settings. Ensure that the printer is connected to the correct network and that the Wi-Fi password is entered correctly.
  • Check network security: Some printers may have difficulty connecting to certain types of Wi-Fi networks, particularly those with advanced security settings. Temporarily disable any firewall or security features on your router and check if the printer can connect.
  • Update printer firmware: Visit the HP support website and check if there are any firmware updates available for your OfficeJet Pro 8025 printer. Updating the printer's firmware can often resolve connectivity issues and provide better compatibility with HP Instant Ink.
  • Reinstall Instant Ink cartridges: If you're already using HP Instant Ink cartridges, try removing them from the printer and reinstalling them. This can help establish a fresh connection between the printer and the cartridges.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the 

“Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info - I did all of that, except removing and reinstalling the ink cartridges - which I just did.  Getting the same message.  It is connected to my wi-fi network - the "light " is on saying it is connected; and also the settings.  And, I can print from my computer and ipad through my wifi connection, though it takes at least a minute after sending the print command or hitting the copy button before it actually prints.  I'm stumped.

HP Recommended

Hi @Judy185,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.