Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 7305

Dear all,

I bought a new HP Smart Tank 7305. However, I have problems copying via the flatbed. I can copy via the ADF without any problems. Also, printing as well as scanning via a PC from ADF and flatbed works without problems. However, when I want to copy via the flatbed and open the scanner lid to do so, the buttons do not light up as they should. Instead, the scanner light flickers green.

By the way, it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, but a firmware problem. Because when I insert a sheet into the ADF and then open the lid, the buttons go out. Thus, the printer is able to recognize that the lid is open. See this video: https://streamable.com/x6hxxr

I have already updated the firmware to the latest version. I have also reset the printer to factory settings several times. Sometimes copying via the flatbed even works after resetting the printer. However, when I turn off the printer and turn it back on, the problem reappears.

What else can I do? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem and it appeared suddenly today without any warning of sort.

When i installed the printer the first time I tested both ADF and Flatbed functionalities and both were worked fine.

If it is a fw issue it came in today or anyway very recently.

br

FilippoP

HP Recommended

Do you guys think it makes sense to return the printer and buy the same one again? Or is it a general problem with this model?

HP Recommended

I returned the printer and got a new one: same problem. Contacted HP Support. They could help me to fix the problem but the problem reoccurs every day and they do not know how to fix it permanently.

This is obviously a firmware bug. Is there any way to report this bug so it can be fixed in a firmware update? Otherwise, I am afraid I will have to buy a different printer. By the way, this problem seems to occur on multiple HP Smart Tank printers: Link 1 Link 2 Link 3.

HP Recommended

@Max314 wrote:

Dear all,

I bought a new HP Smart Tank 7305. However, I have problems copying via the flatbed. I can copy via the ADF without any problems. Also, printing as well as scanning via a PC from ADF and flatbed works without problems. However, when I want to copy via the flatbed and open the scanner lid to do so, the buttons do not light up as they should. Instead, the scanner light flickers green.

By the way, it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, but a firmware problem. Because when I insert a sheet into the ADF and then open the lid, the buttons go out. Thus, the printer is able to recognize that the lid is open. See this video: https://streamable.com/x6hxxr

I have already updated the firmware to the latest version. I have also reset the printer to factory settings several times. Sometimes copying via the flatbed even works after resetting the printer. However, when I turn off the printer and turn it back on, the problem reappears.

What else can I do? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot!

I have the same issue..got confused ...

HP Recommended

Hi,

its really the light-sensor as described above. I had the same problem, If I open the lid in dark, the copy-buttons

don't light up. I left the lid open, started to dim my light up and as it is getting brighter and brighter the light on the 

copy-buttons turn on. 

Stupid engineering, will cost HP a lot of money and reputation as a lot of people might send the printer back. 

As I know it now, I will get around as I anyway do not use the copy-function on the flatbed very often. 

HP Recommended

Wow, that's really it! Apparently, sometimes it is too dark for this printer. A solution seems to be to point a flashlight into the scanner light: https://streamable.com/4fob9u

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.