Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having issues with scanning to my email. The wireless is connected, but when I click scan to email is says, "Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm Internet access and try again or enter proxy address". I have tried restarting everything. It was working until recently when I moved my office around. FYI, I can still fax and the only other connection in the back other than the power is a telephone line plugged into line 2. All the information is found within settings. Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@tgfrank59, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to scan to email from the printer.

Is the printer connected to a wireless network?

Turn on web services on the printer or restart it.

Refer to this document to know how to turn it on.

If you have issues with web services, follow the steps from - Cannot Connect to Web Services

Check if you are able to login to your email account and send an email.

Scan to Email Cannot Access Email Accounts

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to me recently and I have not changed anything.  I have an Officejet 6812.  

HP Recommended

HP SUPPORT please note all these issues on devices in the same week with inability to suddenly SCAN:

HP5255; HP6812; HP5740 and HP4500.  Was something updated on these devices?

HP Recommended

@Beach12

Are you referring to 'scan to email'?

Did you try to scan using an application on the computer?

Are you using a Mac or a Win PC?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I get the message when I select scan on the printer.  I have an HP Chromebook.

HP Recommended

@Beach12

Use Chrome OS to scan documents and photos from a Chromebook.

1. Update the Chromebook to the most current version of Chrome OS.

2. Click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon .

3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and then click Advanced.

4. Under Print and scan, click Scan.

5. Select your printer, and then change any settings in the menu on the right and in More settings.

6. Click Scan.

For more info, refer to - How to scan with an HP printer

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Amazing!  I never knew you could force a scan.  However, it only worked as one page from the GLASS.  It would not pull through any paper on the feeder.  Is it supposed to pull thru from the feeder?  If so, what is the setting to get that done?

I have an additional problem that I do not find an answer for.  The white board that is supposed to be attached to the top of the underside of the lid, above the glass is loose.  I do not find any way to insert it to hold.  If you can send any photo attachment or describe how to insert it, I would really appreciate it!

HP Recommended

@Beach12

To make changes to the scan settings and use the document feeder, kindly use the EWS page(scan with webscan) to scan as shown in this document - How to scan with an HP printer

The issue with the whiteboard is a hardware issue. There are no steps available to guide you to fix it. The printer has to be serviced/replaced in this case.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.