Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I was trying to scan a page today and received the following warning message:  "HPDeviceMonitoring.framework" will damage your computer.  I called AppleCare and they informed me that many people are having this problem since HP did some kind of update on drivers, and Apple does not have the information from HP to correct this. I was advised to call HP.  I tried to speak to someone at HP but it is impossible to get a live person.  I searched online and after a long time did not find any help.  Please help me! I'm stuck and need to scan! Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lu20201 

Hello,

Please first uninstall the printer as shown opposite: Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac).

Please use HP Easy Admin to resolve the error message as follows:
  1. Click the following link to download HP Easy Admin from official website.
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Admin.app.zip
    NOTE: macOS may send a warning about “HP_Easy_Admin_app.zip” can’t be download securely. Just click on Keep to continue downloading the file. This generic detection is normal because the file is in compressed ZIP file format.
  2. Go to the folder of the downloaded HP_Easy_Admin_app.zip and extract the file.
  3. Run the application and once you are in the Welcome screen, please Agree to the licensing agreement.
  4. Once it shows the Download Software screen, type the printer name and model in the search box.
  5. After selecting the printer, verify your Mac OS version, language, and country.
  6. Be sure to include Essential Software and HP Easy Scan if your printer is equipped with scanner. Click on Download button.
  7. The tool will start to download and install the most recent solution for your Mac.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.