cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
Skovlund
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Wide black line on scan. Defect scanner head cable or scanner head?

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my printer is making a 2-3 cm completely black line in the scanning direction of the paper. Please see attached scan below.

It seems as if a part of the scanner line is defect. Maybe a defect connection or wire in the scanner head cable?

Can anyone confirm that this might be the problem, and if not, then what could be causing this issue?

If I can just get a spare part, i can replace item myself.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards Anders.

Scan.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try looking at this tutorial on cleaning the scanner glass: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267/document/c0534...

Most of the time, the cause is a piece of paper lodged in the scanner glass slot (#3 below).

c05201290.gif

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Skovlund
Author
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi WyreNut,

If I do a scan using #4 where the scanner head is moving, I can clearly see that nothing is blocking the scanner head, so I guess it must me be a hardware problem?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation