cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Yellow Lines on Scanned papers

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello

I bought the HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M283fdw on Black Friday. I'm getting a vertical yellow line on every page I scan. It does not appear with printing, only when I scan. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Tim

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
6,658 6,594 709 1,733
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A sample would have helped but here are some questions/tips.

- does the defect show up on scans from the document feeder and the glass or just document feeder. Most common issue with lines on scans is debris on the glass. The ADF scans using the small slit of glass to the left of the main glass. Look closely, due to the way that scanners work, they will cause a defect from even items like a tiny spec that you cannot really notice. 

This video covers different models but the troubleshooting methods are the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGn7FJvH8sE

Use caution as many of the smaller HP units have a thin mylar over the ADF glass to ensure that pages do not jam and if you damage or remove it you will create more problems for yourself.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

Learn how debris on the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) glass can cause lines or streaks when copying using the ADF.Chapters:00:00 Introduction01:18 Streaks ...
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation