Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I scan documents, the result is always pages that are not aligned i.e. the pages are slightly slanted and it does not look professional.

I've already tried the scan doctor, but it does not work properly and gives the error  "0x00000704".

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@EJe2017 Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, I suggest you perform a hard reset to begin troubleshooting the issue:

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • NOTE: 
  • HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I  have already done the re-start. This didn't help.

HP Recommended

@EJe2017 As requested previously, I need to know the model name of the printer for further troubleshooting, 

Let me know! and Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OfficeJet Pro 8715

HP Recommended

@EJe2017 Here's everything you need to know and do, to improve the scan quality on your particular printer:

Step 1: Confirm the issue is not printing-related

The steps in this document resolve quality issues when scanning only.

If quality issues occur when printing from the computer, do not continue with these steps. Go to HP Customer Support, type your printer model number if necessary, then search for print quality to find the Fixing Poor Print Quality document for steps to resolve the issue.

If quality issues occur when scanning, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Read one of the following sections for steps to clean these components, depending on your printer type.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the printing works just fine and my problem is not about the printing quality of the scan. 

The problem is, that scanned pages are slightly slanted in the pdf-document and it does not look professional.

HP Recommended

@EJe2017 The best way forward is to perform a firmware upgrade: click here for steps,

Let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed instructions as described in "Update directly from the printer", but the printer told me that everything is up-to-date.

Tried to run the print-and-scan-doctor again and got the error message 0x00000704.

HP Recommended

@EJe2017 I'm afraid we reached the end of the line, if none of those steps have helped, we'll have to conclude that it's a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.