Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-19-2023 09:16 AM
I need to scan a document that takes up the width and length of the scanner glass. But when I go to the HP Smart app it only allows for an 8.5 x 11 inch scan. Help?
09-23-2023 09:04 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
If you're using the HP Smart app and it's restricting your scanning to 8.5 x 11 inches, you may need to adjust the settings to perform a full-width and length scan on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e. Here's how you can do it.
- Open the HP Smart app: Make sure your printer and your mobile device or computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Load your document: Place the document you want to scan on the scanner glass, ensuring it covers the full width and length.
- Open the scanning options:
- On the HP Smart app, look for the scan icon or option. It might be labeled as "Scan" or have a scanner icon. Click or tap on it.
- Select Scan Settings: In the scan settings or preferences, you should see options for adjusting the scan size. Look for settings like "Scan Size," "Paper Size," or "Document Size."
- Choose Custom Size: Select the option that allows you to set a custom scan size or specify the dimensions of the scan area. This should enable you to input the exact dimensions of your document.
- Enter dimensions: Input the width and length of your document. If your document is the full width and length of the scanner glass, you may need to measure it to get the precise dimensions.
- Scan: Once you've set the custom dimensions, proceed with the scan. The app should now scan the entire document based on the dimensions you entered.
If you can't find the option to set a custom scan size within the HP Smart app, you can also try scanning directly from the printer's control panel. Here's how.
- Load your document on the scanner glass.
- On the printer's control panel, press the "Scan" button or access the scanning menu.
- Select Scan to Computer or a similar option.
- Choose the scan settings: Look for an option that allows you to set a custom scan size or adjust the scan dimensions. This may vary depending on your printer's interface.
- Enter the dimensions as needed.
- Initiate the scan: Start the scan process, and the printer should scan the document based on the custom dimensions you entered.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community