Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6230 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Under Windows 11 , Hp scan does nont recognize ayni e-mail application on my computer . Wat shall y do ?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@RG771 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

HP Scan requires that you have installed and configured an email program on your computer.

Examples of supported email client software

Mozilla Thunderbird

Microsoft Outlook

The email software must be installed and accessible on the computer.

Opening your email in a web browser is not the same thing as using an installed email program.

After the email program is installed, it can be used

Example

HP Scan > Email as PDF > More > Destination > Mail Clients > Thunderbird

Example - HP Scan - Main Menu - Save as Email

9025_HP_Scan_PDF_to_Email_39025_HP_Scan_PDF_to_Email_3

References / How to / Resources

Full Feature Software - Full Driver Printer Software - Installation package - Information and Download

HP ENVY Photo 6200 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories 

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you very much , but on my HPScan y have not the choice of 'Mail clients' as you show in your reply !

HP Recommended

@RG771 

Hmm.. Yes - Envy Photo is different.  Apologies.

In so much that I am aware, the installed mail client software requirement is not model dependent.

Which mail client have you installed?  Outlook or Thunderbird?

What else?

If HP Scan is stubborn,

HP Smart can scan > optionally edit > then print / save / Share (to email).

Prerequisite:  Add the "sender" email address to Windows Mail.

=============================================================

@ShlomiL 

Can you untangle this one?

Scan > Email as PDF works for my Envy Photo 7855 -

Thunderbird client set as allowed by parent email (in this case a G-Mail account).

Customer printer:

Example - HP Smart - Scan > Optional Edit > Print / Save / Share (to email)

HP_Smart_W10_Scan_Edit_Document_Set_5HP_Smart_W10_Scan_Edit_Document_Set_5

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Don't you have an Email as PDF option within the HP Scan application @RG771? may you please include a screenshot of the main HP Scan application dialog?

If you create a new text document on your desktop, then right-click the file and select Send To > Email Recipient, does it launch a new Mozilla Thunderbird message with the file attached or may you see any other behavior or error?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I did not send screenshots because they are in French ! i use Thunderbird to send e-mails and I know how to send scans when they are registred ! thank you for replying .

HP Recommended

RG771_0-1656876203104.png

RG771_1-1656876458034.png

2 screenshots (if you understand French !)

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information @RG771,

Could you please test the Send to > Email Recipient method and let me know if it launch a new email dialog or not, to better understand the problem.

That you may able to send an email with Thunderbird successfully doesn't indicate that it is set as default properly and operating as expected, please let me know the results of the specific task to better understand any possible cause.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

The process : scan a document and send it by E-mail works perfectly on my computer and Thunderbird with 'Télécopie et numérisation de Windows' or with the HP scan provided with an HP Photosmart 6520 , but not with HP scan provided with an HP ENVY Photo 6230 !

HP Recommended

Please try installing and using the HP Scan Extended application and check if that may work for you:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.