cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
rnnkad
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

hp smart does not have option form double sided scanning

HP Recommended
Deskjet ink advantage 5275
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can not find an option to scan double side documents using HP smart with my Deskjet in advantage 5275 . I work on win10 64 bit . 

when trying to work with HP Scan I get error  "The HP Deskjet 5200 was not found".

I remember it used to work (maybe on win 7).

Anyone encounter same issue ? any workaround ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
33,066 28,222 5,585 12,217
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Manual two-sided scanning is only an option provided by HP Scan, not by the HP Smart app.

From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command-Line and select Run as Administrator, be sure to confirm any prompt by pressing Yes.

Past the following command and press enter:

Sc config stisvc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection

Now restart your computer and try scanning, may you see any difference when using HP Scan?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
33,066 28,222 5,585 12,217
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Manual two-sided scanning is only an option provided by HP Scan, not by the HP Smart app.

From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command-Line and select Run as Administrator, be sure to confirm any prompt by pressing Yes.

Past the following command and press enter:

Sc config stisvc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection

Now restart your computer and try scanning, may you see any difference when using HP Scan?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

rnnkad
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks I Removed every software . 

I then use the printcand scan doctir utilty and install the full deskjet5200 software. After that the HP Scan worked. 

I will not use the hp smart for now. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation