Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have a new HP computer which has an HP Smart feature.  I do not have a direct fax line.  Also, I tried to follow HP instructions but a lot of the time the shortcuts they prescribe I don't have.    I am trying to scan two separate documents into one network file.  The printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 has a scanning and faxing feature.  Eventually, after I scan the documents into the PC  I  will need to fax the documents to a company.  Can anyone provide  step-by-step directions to take to accomplish my mission, which includes the scanning, setting up the network file, and faxing multiple documents.  I am a newbie on the pc  and would like simple and  alternate steps, if any,  if I can't get them to work.  

Thank you so much. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

to get your fax working a phone line is required, you will not be able to fax from the computer without a phone line by using the printer

You may follow below steps with a detailed information about setting up the fax for your printer:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04935044

If you don't have a phone line and does, for now, you may sign up to a free trial period to use the HP Mobile Fax feature within the HP Smart, this is a cloud service offered by the app and allow faxing regardless of your HP device, however, be aware that in the future it will be a paid service, you would only be asked for any billing information when a paid plan will become available in the future if interested, else the trial period will be end:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06432978

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.