cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
Skbangs
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

my scan to email yahoo password needs to be changed hp officejet pro 8620

HP Recommended

I am trying to change my scan to yahoo email password on my hp officejet pro 8620 printer. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,218 30,932 5,331 12,416
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the Wireless or Ethernet icon on the bottom of the printer screen and locate the IP Address of the printer.

From any device connected to the same local network, browse to this IP to access the EWS page of the printer.

Open the Scan tab and select Outgoing Email Profiles, there look for your existing scan profile and press Edit.

Follow the steps on screen and be sure to remove any value for the PIN or select a PIN (a password to scan from the printer), do not keep the auto filled value by the browser by any chance.

Next, generate and use an App password, a standard Yahoo password will result an authentication error:

https://yhoo.it/39iZc3T

Once completing the wizard press Save and Test and ensure the test completes successfully.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation